From a recent survey that I carried out on social media platforms, the most pressing and critical challenge and problem that is facing most businesses in this current pandemic environment is that of ” FINDING NEW CUSTOMERS “.
Here are some tips to assist you in attracting new customers –
- REQUEST REFERRALS – Implement a system for actively soliciting referrals from your existing client base. It must form part of your sales process.
- NETWORK – Online or if possible in person, attend trade events and also get involved with local business associations that are relative to your industry. Your attitude is vitally important and it must reflect ” HOW CAN I HELP YOU “. This contributes to building relationships which in turn leads to new customers.
- OFFER DISCOUNTS & INCENTIVES – Firstly to new customers and thereafter to existing customers who introduce new customers to you.
- RE-CONTACT OLD CUSTOMERS – Reach out to them with special offers either by email or phone.
- IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE AND IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE ESTABLISH ONE IMMEDIATELY – Ensure that the design, content & graphics are up to date. Rebrand and freshen up your image.
- PARTNER WITH COMPLIMENTARY BUSINESSES – Team up with someone who has a similar customer base but are not directly competitive.
- PROMOTE YOUR EXPERTISE – Participate in online webinars or industry panel discussions and hold educational workshops.
- USE ONLINE REVIEWS, ARTICLES, BLOGS & VIDEOS TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS – The social platform is widespread and powerful in attracting new customers.
- PARTICIPATE ONLINE OR IF POSSIBLE IN PERSON IN COMMUNITY FUNCTIONS OR EVENTS – Sponsor a charity event.
- GO BACK TO BASICS – Use flyers and/or distribute leaflets. Also, a direct mail or email marketing campaign can be effective.
Finally, relook at your sales processes and techniques and in particular your sales pipeline and ensure at all times that your mindset is in the right place. Be authentic, have a positive attitude, and always remember that people buy from people.